Paul wrote:
>> Seriously, I do not understand this question.
>
> The httpserver has to do a lot of string processing internally and
> this would be faster with ansi

It depends, RTL functions calling the Win32 W-API with UnicodeString
internally, for instance, AnsiUpperCase/AnsiLowerCase are much
faster than in D2007. The larger memory footprint of UnicodeString
slows down string allocation time a little bit, but that's really
no big deal. But you should avoid too many conversions between Unicode
and ANSI. The concept is to convert AnsiStrings to UnicodeString
at the lowest possible level and do all string operations in Unicode.

> (no need for unicode here)

Are you sure? Even if you do not localize the unicode-aware
application it can run on virtually any Windows version on earth.

> I think there are also a lot of modifications to do, fi:
> -UrlEncode/decode
> -ExtractUrlEncodedValue() ..
> I'm also prohibited to use beta software, so ICS V7 is not an option
> for me.

ICSv7 is beta/alpha and there is still some work to do. Also all of your
third-party components need to support D2009. You cannot use components
written for D2007. It will probably take a while until all vendors
support D2009.

--
Arno