Paul wrote:
>> In D2009 the type "string" is mapped to UnicodeString. If you want
>> ansi string, just use type AnsiString.
>
> yes, but HttpCli.Url is a string, which would be a unicodestring in
> D2009.
> The only option is to change all "String" to "AnsiString" and
> "PChar" to "PAnsiChar" in ICS V6.

There is a much cleaner and faster option. The component should use
UnicodeString internally but send AnsiString. IcsV7 follows
this concept. Overloads have been added to TWSocket.SendStr():
function SendStr(const Str : RawByteString) : Integer; overload; virtual;
( RawByteString is a special AnsiString type )
function SendStr(const Str : UnicodeString; ACodePage: Cardinal) : Integer;
overload; virtual;
(Converts the UnicodeString to Ansi with destination code page ACodePage.
 passing CP 1200 sends UTF-16)
function SendStr(const Str : UnicodeString) : Integer; overload; virtual;
( Converts the UnicodeString to Ansi with default system code page CP_ACP)

--
Arno