> Port, protocol, proxy fields of Socket are cleared on Close.
> Really embarassing and hard-to-discover feature.
> For my projects, I've commented some corresponding lines in ISC source

IMO, this will even be worse. When you'll use the next update, you'll be in
trouble whatever change you've done in the source.

The correct way doing such behaviour change is to derive your own class from
TWSocket and override AssignDefaultValue procedure. This is a nice example
about what OOP is for.