Hello Angus,

I  usually  do  it  according to fail code 5.x.x or 4.x.x for 4.x.x I
retry  later,  for 5.x.x I pout them appart to check manually why they
have been rejected.

regards.

>> Also  if  a MX refuse you because of some blacklist then remove
>> thoses mails  from the queue and send you a mail alert so you can
>> investigate why destination refused your mail.

ARMSL> It's important not to fail an email on a first refusal, due to the wide
ARMSL> usage of 'greylisting' where the SMTP server rejects the first email
ARMSL> attempt and then allows a second attempt, typically 10 to 15 minutes
ARMSL> later.  Sometimes the response mentions greylisting, but some SMTP
ARMSL> servers don't even do that.

ARMSL> MAIL FROM: <nursery...@englishmotorsports.com>
ARMSL> 250 OK <nursery...@englishmotorsports.com> Sender ok
ARMSL> RCPT TO: <i...@magsys.co.uk>
ARMSL> 451 Greylisted, please try again in 600 seconds

ARMSL> Once an email has been sent successfully, the server adds the sender to
ARMSL> an internal list so future email is not delayed.

ARMSL> Greylisting is very successful in stopping spam, at least for the moment,
ARMSL> it stops 500 to 1,000 spams a day here.

ARMSL> However have a couple of Delphi applications that currently sent email
ARMSL> without using a queue or a 15 minute delay, which really need updating to
ARMSL> cope with greylisting.

ARMSL> Angus

ARMSL> --
ARMSL> To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
ARMSL> please goto http://lists.elists.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
ARMSL> Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be