RTT wrote:
>> (I am using SSL sockets in both sites)
>
> Why you insist in use SSL if the client and server applications are
> coded by you?!! Why use a standard that only exist because of the need
> to connect many different implementations of clients to many different
> implementations of servers?
> You will be much more secure if you encode your data, with your own
> method, using a much more powerful encrypt algorithm than the used by
> SSL.

SSL/TLS aktually uses common, powerful and strong encryption algorithms.
However secure peer to peer communication is much more than just that.
SSL security includes, for instance, peer verification and protects
against "Man in the Middle" attacks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography