> Currently setup is with Unix client machine running batch
> process, connecting to our Windows email server (non-ICS).
> The version of our Windows email server software only limits
> concurrent outgoing connections, not how many connections to each
> receiving server.
> So our batch process is sending 20 emails (for example) to one
> email because of the batch process, our windows email server
> receives all 20 fine, but this then causes 20 connections to an
> external receiving email server for the same email address from
> our server, which in general email servers don't like.

So a non-Windows application is relaying email via a non-ICS windows
SMTP relay server, which is so badly designed it's seen a source of
spam?

seems like you need a better Windows mail server, try SmarterMail which
is what I use on my public server.  For sending email with a single
domain, it would be free.  You may want to investigate it's concurrent
connections first, but it includes numerous anti-spam methods so I
expect it similarly avoids being seen as a spam source. It can be used
for mailing lists.

http://www.smartertools.com/

You may be able to create something similar with the ICS SmtpServer
component and MailQueue, ideally we need a Pop3Server as well and that
would make a complete mail server (with a lot of file processing in the
middle).  But that is a major project, particularly the spam checking
side of it.  It's on my very long term wish list, but not sure I'll
ever manage it, meanwhile I make do with SmarterMail.

Angus