> > Does not really make sense to me, but could be down to improved
> > async
> > winsock with Windows 10.
> Maybe related?
> https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2015/07/02/networking-api-i
> mprovements-in-windows-10/

Probably, I seem to recall there is also a new winsock block transfer
API that should be investigated.

Does not explain why we did not really notice Windows 7 was slow for so
many years, although perhaps our broadband was so slow it did not
matter.

If Microsoft has it's way, all Windows 7 and 8 PCs should be running
Windows 10 by this summer, so I guess the problem will go away on it's
own.

I still have some Windows 7 VMs, so will do more testing next week,
once the new OpenSSL stuff is finished.

Angus