De : TWSocket [mailto:twsocket-boun...@lists.elists.org] De la part de Angus
Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd
Envoyé : jeudi 1 décembre 2016 16:54
À : twsocket@lists.elists.org
Objet : Re: [twsocket] TWSocket Client Timeout.

> In this time, did you already ear something like that with ICS ?
> Have you any idea where data can be blocked, and in this state what
> can i do more than inspecting by wireshark and netstat ???

If I understand you correctly, you want to keep remote TCP/IP sockets
connected for several days at a time, presumably over a LAN or maybe a WAN?

There are so many ways a connection can be lost, routers and switches,
hardware issues, software interference, Windows Updates, etc.

Even with keep alive, TCP/IP sockets can say connected but not be, the only
reliable way is to send and echo data, a proper handshake.

The probability of it being a bug in ICS that no-one else has noticed is
highly unlikely, but not impossible, as explained previously I did fix a
timeout issue that caused a socket to be closed earlier this year, which I
found in one of my applications.

You really need to find a way of bullet proofing your application, so it
reconnects if nothing is received for x second/minutes/hours, or use regular
handshaking for a more reliable and shorter timeout.