There is a question about whether all databases are equal, just different,
or whether a company can really save considerable dollars by choosing
products based on one rather than another.

While some folks think that the database product is irrelevant and it is the
application that makes a difference, companies over the past couple of
decades have thought that they must convert to Oracle and more recently to
SQL Server or DB2.

Because the anecdotal evidence is not there for such moves doing anything to
save companies dollars (although they often do succeed in improving the
resumes of those in IT), I started researching this area a bit more.  I had
thought that relational theory was "truth" and I no longer have such
delusions.  So, you could be correct that they are just business case
studies of people making mistakes, but one of those mistakes might just be
their technology choices.  Cheers!  --dawn

Dawn M. Wolthuis
Tincat Group, Inc.
www.tincat-group.com

Take and give some delight today.