Deb,

>Sometimes the client actually does know best when administering their
system controls<

Actually I couldn't agree with you more, especially about "PRC Lite".  It
was early days and even then I didn't completely agree with the philosophy.

On the more recent versions of Avante and PRC things got better.

I can respond more in detail privately (I have Powerpoint presentations and
stuff) or take this to the Avante newsgroup - But I wanted to state here
that there are probably things that you/we can do (within PRC and
procedurally) to ease your situation.  I would love to hear specifically
what the "more open" source control tools could do for you because I'm
always interested in making PRC work the best for its users.  I suspect that
ANYTHING would be "more open" than PRC Lite.  But I am always keen to hear
ideas for improvement - or help iron out a difficult situation.

For folks who have developer seats of the newer (Rel 5) PRC, there are a few
things that people don't tend to do (to know about) which can have a huge
impact on the amount of time it takes to install patches and releases. In
your case specifically, Deb, it sounds like you are on an older release of
Avante and PRC and it may be that you are caught there .  Although with a
little careful handling we can arrange it so that you can upgrade to a
developer seat of the newer PRC without upgrading Avante.  Then you could
put some procedures in place that might ease things up quite a bit.

I reckon there are always happy and not-so-happy customers of any product,
particularly software.  That is why its good to have this forum to air
those.  Let us hope that Epicor are watching keenly as well.

Chers,
Susan