I've managed to get this installed, define a "repository", successfully connect to it, and construct a simple query. When I run it I get a pop up that says:

Applications Error
BIC00004. 5

Any thoughts?

So far, I would not give this to an end user under any circumstances. Running an ODBC query from Excel/MS Query is vastly simpler. I have not completely given up hope yet since I'm early in the process of learning the product and getting used to the interface. Perhaps I'll pause my normal process of "click on stuff and see what it does" and read the 351 page "Getting Started" PDF.