So, I thought what the original poster was getting at was:

1) Create a documentation/wiki/example site
2) Make it searchable
3) Have useful examples that make sense to everyone
4) Also post the vendor/var docs
5) Collaborate on ideas (like we do here)

Maybe you guys are talking about something else...

Github, svn, cvs, PRC and all those are great tools, but, they probably
aren't going to create the "Wikipedia" of the MV world.

The above can be done, but, it needs to become a living/breathing thing
that gets updated a lot, otherwise, folks won't use it.  Hence the
challenge- making it a living/breathing thing.

I know this kind of thing has been tried, and is being tried... but there
probably isn't enough flag waving and marketing to keep it going.

Or people create something, and try to make it subscription based, which in
this day and time is never going to work with something like the above.

Some of the things I know about are:

http://www.nuwiki.com/cgi-bin/nuwiki.cgi?home&project=nuwiki
http://www.keyally.com/prdb/universe/basic_tree_all.html
http://www.pickwiki.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

Anyway, I'd like to help with something like that.  I'm just not sure at my
stage in life, that I have the time to spearhead it and become the chief
"Architect" of something like that.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Wjhonson <wjhon...@aol.com> wrote:

> Personally I respond more immediately when something comes at me.
> Would it not be possible to set up a mailing list for any changes to
> Incubator code?  So all users on that list get emailed when a change is
> made?
> I think this would propel both use of the code, and <s>misuse</s>
> enhancement.

John Thompson