From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 1:25 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Mysterious UV Error

Are they using terminals or PCs?

Are they using an ADDS or WYSE emulation regardless of if they are using
terminals or PCs?

The reason why I am asking is because I used to have a similiar error at
one place where they had WYSE50 terminals.

There is a character sequence on those terminals that if printed to the
screen causes the terminal to report back the model number of the
terminal by entering them into the input buffer. I think it was <ESC>
<SPACE> .

If you print this sequence to the screen and you have a WYSE50, it would
enter a "50" for you at TCL which would then say "50 is not a verb" or
something like that. Same goes for WYSE60.

This is just a clue. I would rule out control characters at this point.

Robert Norman
.
ROBERT NORMAN AND ASSOCIATES
23441 Golden Springs Dr., #289, Diamond Bar, CA 91765
(951) 541-1668
i...@keyway.net <mailto:i...@keyway.net>
http://users.keyway.net/~ice/ <http://users.keyway.net/%7Eice/>
Affordable UNIVERSE programming services for PICK/BASIC, DATA/BASIC,
UniVerse
Basic, UniBasic, R/BASIC, jBC.