In a message dated 3/30/2004 12:06:20 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Our UV Developers tell me, everything in UV is treated as Strings..
> Do you think MATH Functions will Perform better in UV than a DataBase that
> supports DataTypes?

Joe this is not true
Did it ever occur to you that maybe you are misinterpreting what they are saying or
perhaps they are not saying it right or perhaps don't know any better?

Everything in UV is NOT treated as a string.  UV has several datum types, you just
don't see them on the surface, they are handled underneath.  I can assure you that
math functions (provided you don't specifically request stringmath) are treated as
numbers, numeric types, etc.  They are absolutely not treated as strings, except where
the programmer makes specific string function calls using those variables.
Will "Stringless" Johnson
Fast Forward