On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Sean McNamara <smc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a long time Gnome2 user (and prior to that Windows), I agree that
> not having the Windows-style "taskbar" is rather jarring for someone
> used to having it. Changing between windows in Unity is a mystery, and
> if you are running more than 2 applications it becomes unmanageable
> and takes way too much time for multi-taskers.

> The answer to this question is a function of the user's screen
> resolution / number of monitors. For a small screen single-monitor
> setup, the answer is probably "Yes, the strengths shine quite well".
> For workstations with large wide-screens or multi-monitor, the answer
> is probably "No, the weaknesses are overwhelmingly bad".

Having used Unity all cycle with multiple monitors and apps I find
this feedback surprising. I was going to go point by point addressing
how multitasking works in Unity, but instead I made a video of how I
use it to highlight my points. If anything to me Unity feels like
GNOME 2.x multitasking on steroids:

Web: http://castrojo.blip.tv/file/4997614/
Download: http://blip.tv/file/get/Castrojo-HowIMultitaskInUnity835.ogv