> On Friday, October 14, 2016 3:18 AM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> I don't need to care about dkms, an universal script must care about it,
> too. I only need to care about lowlatency, an universal script should
> be able to handle all types of kernels, including local builds. An
> universal script should provide options, for example to keep two or
> tree kernels of the same type.

My script handles different types of kernels. Including signed kernels.

And you can keep the wanted number of kernels of each series non-interactively
(and of course interactively). For example, in Trusty, if you have
linux-image-generic and linux-image-generic-lts-xenial installed, you could
keep e.g. 3 latest kernels of each series. (The one that the meta kernel
depends on and 2 earlier versions, if installed.) `purge-old-kernels` and
`apt-get autoremove` do not have this feature.

My script does not care about dkms, if that is not done automatically by
standard tools. I don't know what kind of care you mean.