ian_heys wrote:
> The latest update to SOA has broken my sudo command and although SOA
> still runs future updates and some configurations are impossible.
>
> Just a heads up.
>
> sudo: main: unable to allocate memory

I had the same error. There is a newer version of sudo available today
which seems to work but to install it you will need access to the
command line to downgrade sudo to an earlier version, then run SoA
update again. If you can get to the command line and you haven't cleared
the pacman cache, try...

pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/sudo-1.8.14.p1-1-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz

this should downgrade your sudo to a working version. If you don't have
the version in the command above, look into /var/cache/pacman/pkg and
replace 'sudo-1.8.14.p1-1-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz' with any lower version you
have in that directory. The same principle applies to anything you may
need to downgrade.

If you have a recurring problem, you can edit...

/etc/pacman.conf

Uncomment 'IgnorePkg' then edit that line as follows;

IgnorePkg   = perl openssh

Don't forget to save it.

In the above example, it will exclude pearl and openssh from a pacman
update either from the command line of via SoA update.

Hope this helps.

Bob

1 x Touch
1 x Radio
1 x Boom
1 x Cubox-i4 Pro SoA as main server and player running LMS 7.9
Lavry DA-10 DAC
HP PC as secondary server running LMS 7.9
Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM
Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
Behringer DEQ2496
Linn Isobarik DMS