atrocity wrote:
> But supposedly my system has 5.20.2, not 5.22...or maybe what shows as
> 5.20.2 is what we've been calling 5.22?
>
> That aside, the issue I'm having is that LMS actually *does*
> update...it's the Arch OS components that don't seem to have updated in
> a while.  The log snippet I posted didn't show an LMS update taking
> place because the version was already current at that point.

Yes that's right. You will have 5.20.2 because pacman is refusing to
upgrade to a version which it knows LMS will not function with. It's a
while ago but I seem to remember LMS continuing to update correctly but
the Arch OS components don't because it can't get passed the perl update
error. If pacman is told to ignore any requests to update perl, the
error will be bypassed and all other components should update correctly.
pacman isn't what updates LMS, that's done as a separate part of Triodes
update script.

1 x Touch
1 x Radio
1 x Boom
1 x Cubox-i4 Pro SoA as main server and player running LMS 7.9
Lavry DA-10 DAC
HP PC as secondary server running LMS 7.9
Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM
Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
Behringer DEQ2496
Linn Isobarik DMS