Hi, I'm sorry for your trouble, but the USB handling has always been the
weak spot on the RPi. There has been several changes to the USB part of
the Linux kernel since pCP version 2, and I noticed that the raspberry
developers still are making changes in this area now.

I would suggest that you try to overlock your RPi to see if that could
help with the "clicks", there have been reports that overclocking would
help.
You could also try to each of the other options in the "USB audio tweak"
section on the Tweaks page.
Good luck and please report back if you find a solution

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

*Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer*