Seems that I've found the reason. Appearently, in-situ updating from
3.20 to 3.21 has changed the output settings of Squeezelite. The Pi with
the USB soundcard had still "USB Audio" in the Audio Output field, but
the Output setting field was empty. I selected the option I used before
with 3.20 manually. There are much more options shown now than before,
cryptic things like

Code:
--------------------

  null
  sysdefault:CARD=ALSA
  sysdefault:CARD=U0x1d570xad03
  front:CARD=U0x1d570xad03,DEV=0
  surround21:CARD=U0x1d570xad03,DEV=0
  surround40:CARD=U0x1d570xad03,DEV=0
  surround41:CARD=U0x1d570xad03,DEV=0
  surround50:CARD=U0x1d570xad03,DEV=0
  surround51:CARD=U0x1d570xad03,DEV=0
  surround71:CARD=U0x1d570xad03,DEV=0
  iec958:CARD=U0x1d570xad03,DEV=0
  sysdefault:CARD=Device
  front:CARD=Device,DEV=0
  surround21:CARD=Device,DEV=0
  surround40:CARD=Device,DEV=0
  surround41:CARD=Device,DEV=0
  surround50:CARD=Device,DEV=0
  surround51:CARD=Device,DEV=0
  surround71:CARD=Device,DEV=0
  iec958:CARD=Device,DEV=0

but with "front:CARD=Device,DEV=0" everythings worked again.
I did something similar with the Pi with HDMI Audio: Changing to Analog
audio, reboot, and changing again to HDMI. No all Airplay devices show
up as expected.
Regards
Martin

PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin