soundcheck wrote:
> DSD64-DOP=176k4  DSD128-DOP=352k8 and Mojo shows 44.1?
>
> Did you have a look what goes out from the PI towards the DAC? Below
> command executed during playback will do:
> cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params
>
> I'll checkout DOP on pCP3.5 myself over the weekend. And I'll also add a
> section about DOP to my DSD-native blog article.
>
> ****
>

> Yep. On the first glance.
>
> 1. They don't have a driver in the kernel tree. To me. That's a No-Go.
> They do offer a driver that you can build yourself. That's what I did.
> Good luck with that! ;)
> 2. IMO it's not the best in class implementation of that DAC chip. 90%
> of the perceived soundquality is generated by the surroundings of a DAC
> chip. Nothing more to say.
>
> Soon there'll be a Sabre 9038 HAT from Allo that'll potentially shuffle
> the market. We'll see. ;)

Here is the result of the output from the Pi (Wired gigabit LAN
connection, test files from http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html?):

24BIT/192KHZ
access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
format: S32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 192000 (192000/1)
period_size: 7680
buffer_size: 30720

STEREO DSD 64 - 2.8224MBIT/S
access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
format: S32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 176400 (176400/1)
period_size: 7056
buffer_size: 28224

STEREO DSD 128 - 5.6448MBIT/S
access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
format: S32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 352800 (352800/1)
period_size: 14112
buffer_size: 56448

STEREO DSD 256 - 11.2896MBIT/S
no setup

The first 3 play fine (and sample rate indicator on the Mojo shows DSD),
the last one, no sound.

I guess S32_LE means it's DOP?

OK, the Audiophonics is not for me for sure, wait for the Sabre 9038 HAT
from Allo :-)