soundcheck wrote:
> I don't consider DOP vs. NATIVE the key issue. Not sure if anybody
> requires more then DSD128.
>

> The key question IMO is if the DAC is a true-DSD DAC!!
>
> DACs like e.g. Topping D50 support DSD-native. However. There's a Sabre
> DAC chip inside. And these Sabre chips are not true-DSD DACs from what I
> read.
>
> The main issue that comes with true-DSD DACs though is the lack of
> digital volume control. You'd need a VC in the analog domain.
> Sabre based DSD DACs offer digital volume control though.
>

> I guess. There'll always be a catch at one point. ;)
>
> Enjoy.

Yes, that's indeed important, this article sheds some light on the
subject:
https://positive-feedback.com/Issue78/dsd.htm

Burr Brown/Ti are the DAC chips with true DSD, according to that
article.

The Mojo also has digital volume control, which apparently only can be
done on PCM, so yes thats a indicator for a DAC is not true-DSD.

A analog VC is a little inconvenient these days, but then one can get
off the sofa once in a while :-)

And how about this odd DAC: http://www.lampizator.eu/Fikus/DSD_DAC.html