senthor wrote:
> Hi,
> I would very much enjoy an update to the pcp-shairport-sync extension,
> as the new version of shairport-sync (>3.3) offers some options for
> volume control that I urgently need, and it greatly improves performance
> in situations where WIFI reception is bad:

The shairport-sync extension has been updated to 3.3.6.

Unfortunately, several of the options we used are no longer available
with 3.3.x and will require additional configuration changes.

1. If sharing the audio device between shairport-sync and squeezelite,
you need to set the squeezelite -C option to 5.
2. The /usr/local/etc/shairport-sync.conf file is replaced when the
extension is upgraded as some settings can only be changed in the config
file and the older version syntax is not supported.
3. If you make changes to the shairport-sync.conf file you must add a
new line containing *usr/local/etc/shairport-sync.conf* to
/opt/.filetool.lst.  There is NO slash at the beginning of the file
path.
4. Backup your pcp configuration.  Otherwise the config file will be
replaced with the extension default at next boot.

See the 'example shairport-sync.conf file'
(https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync/blob/master/scripts/shairport-sync.conf)
for all the configuratin options available.
There are likely other issues that I've missed.  Please post any
problems here.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.