Hi Sandeep

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Saravanan Shanmugham (sarvi)
<sa...@cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi Kees,
>    I agree we have found quite a few issues, and I haven't found find
> the time to push these changes back upstream. Anyway my team has bet
> heavily on upstart and I am not too impressed with its progress as of
> now.

Upstart still has potential and I specially liked the FOSDEM
presentation about the next generation
upstart features.  I guess the thing to to is to reevaluate upstart
when it's there :p

> A few of weeks ago, I had half the mind to say hell with this and branch
> upstart off and do our own development.  And to be honest at this rate I
> don't think its an option I have closed off.

I wonder what kind of features you where trying to use. We creates a
short list of do's and don't on upstart 0.5.1 to make
it workable and fixed the things that made it stop working. For our
needs the dependency handling problem
we found is a blocker that can not be solved easily

I created bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/upstart/+bug/337665 for this
but we did not get any feed-back on that so I don't know what to say
about this.....

Greetings