Graham Samual wrote:

    But (and there certainly is a ‘but’) there is a danger that the whole LC
environment might move away from the very powerful “everyone can code” ideal.
It may be simply that this list is preoccupying itself with more arcane stuff
that’s outside the comfort zone of most LC developers, but instinctively I feel
the danger is real.

    Maybe there should be a “who benefits?” test applied to new stuff,
especially stuff that breaks the existing model.

    Just my two Brexit-affected Eurocents

    Graham
-------

BR: Ditto what Graham has said. The "danger" is very real….I just downloaded
HYPE from Tumult: this is where some serious competition is coming from. One of
my "non programmer" editors here, who knows Keynote really well makes
"Hollywood grade" presentations… can be building in HYPE in a few days… the
HTML5 layer is completely hidden…unless he really *wants* to get into the JS
(he never, ever will). I plan to start using it myself to… for projects I had
started in LC but which clearly cannot be taken to the next level in LC.