I know many usefull trick and could do the following turial :
-How to do a portal to another univers with compositing inside realsoft.
-How to render the depth of an object to use it as a bump mapping to a lower
polygon object.
-How to do a manual motion blurr.
-How to to cut the scene complexity by 4 by rendering a 360 image and then
using it as a background.
-How to do a fisheye lens rendering by putting the camera inside a
transparent sphere with refraction.
-How to controll all the animation of a character with a  single channel.
-And many more.

But I don't have time and I am lazy.
I have 2 website to do, a pamphlet to produce, my own website to update, my
personnal animation project to complete. And I have to work my regular job
8:00 to 16:30 5 days a week, make some repairing on my house.
So my only relax time is reading this interesting realsoft list.

I have so many new things to show on my website, I don't have time to put
them on my site.

I would like to do as many tutorial as I could, but I am tired. And I have
been sick for the past 6 months.

The other problem is that I don't use realsoft professionaly,
Because I find the workflow (rendering setting, GI and material) too slow.
So I use other 3D application.

I use realsoft only for modeling. This is sad, but I don't have much time.
Realsoft is very powerfull but difficult to use.

In fact, it is the most difficult software to use.
That's why everytime you want to do something with realsoft you need to open
the manual and ask this list. Realsoft is very technical. It is the last
software I would recommand for a beginer. But if you have time to learn and
time to work with it it is the finest of the finest.

Everytime I get a new contract, I think of realsoft, but use another
software instead because I fear it may take too much time with Realsoft.

I still offer my personal texture collection of 18 000, 8 gig textures to
anyone asking. If anyone is interested, I will ship the DVD's full of
texture. The last time I offered this, nobody replied to it.

You have a point Gary, we should, if we can, put as much possible to advance
the community. But it's not an obligation.

And for the wide variety of subjects and opinions on this list : It's a free
bonus.

I personally learned to do 3D by myself and by observing others work. Never
used any tutorial in my life. I read the manual, try every feature of a
software one by one. An advice to every newbie is think of a scene or the
image of that scene, sketch it rapidly on a paper, write the list of object
needed then start working inside Realsoft. Solve every problem one after the
other. A real project will make you go trough the whole process slowly.

It took me 17 years of 3D to be where I am now. So be patient.

3D is not about trick and technique, it's about patience and many try.

Don't compare to pixar, because nobody there know how to do a 3D animation.
They only know part of it. There is a departement by : modeling, texture,
lighting, animating, rendering, compositing. So if you do an image from
scratch you are already better than them.

To understand what is a good photography and composition,
To understand what is a good lighted scene with an emotion,
To understand what makes an image beatifull is a verrrrrrry long process.
To do that you have to leave Realsoft there and observe the world aroud you.

As for the trick about GI, my better advice is do it in you room with real
light. The solution is not in Realsoft, It's in you.

Everyone should calm down on the list, It's just a spicy debate.
Don't take it personnaly, It's not like we know each other.

As for the language and the insults, It's useless and it's going nowhere.

Note : I have been banned on the ElectricImage forum a couples of years ago,
because I mentionned that realsoft was like electricimage with 20 000$
dollars of plugins included for only half the price of electricimage.
People started insulting me, I sold electricimage right after that.

I am toltally against banning.

A good Idea Gary, if you have time, would be to compile the interesting
information from this list and put it on a website. : )
Like that they would never be lost, like tears in the rain.

This thread is nice, it shoked and woke up the community.

A final advice to anyone, read the tutorial of other 3D software,
Most of the time they work with every other application.

Jean-Sebastien Perron
www.neuroworld.ws