Are we addressing here the supply chain involving an OEM (see [1]) where
one manucaturer produces parts (or even the entire product) for a
'manufacturer'  that incorporates it into its product (think Foxconn
producing for Apple)?

Or are we addressing the issue of having people participating in the
manufacturing process?

If it is the latter case, then this becomes like a 'hiring a temp' business
case handled between HRM and the Purchasing Department (establishing
service agreements) to raise the correct 'service' P.O.

If it is the first case (supply chain) then it is way more complex.

Looking at this from the the viewpoint of the Manufacturing Manager of
internal company (the party using OFBiz) and the OEM providing parts to the
production run at the right moment in time (JIT), a task to produce the
part would - for some -make sense. But if we're talking JIT delivery, then
it is actually not a production step, but rather the delivery of the part
to the warehouse just before the ProductionRun (or even a task therein) is
started. Making it more an issue of setting correct facility and order
thresholds for the component in the catalog app. When the ProductionRun is
confirmed (in the Manufacturing component, by the Manufacturing Manager) ,
the ATP should be checked and if it doesn't meet the ProductionRun
requirements it should trigger the creation of the P.O.

Entity-wise everything is in place. SECA-wise there might be some gaps.

All in all there is more to this (more details - business analysis-
 required than outlined outlined in the various postings in this thread.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_equipment_manufacturer

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

Apache Trafodion <https://trafodion.apache.org>, Vice President