Both vi and emacs can handle vary large files. You could use either to replace all
separatots by commas and then use csvRead.

Le 15/10/2016 15:45, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
Hello

Le 14/10/2016 00:08, Philipp Mühlmann a écrit :
Dear Scilab users,

having a data file (*.cvs) containg following format:

HEADER-Line
dd.mm.yyyy, HH:MM:SS.MS <http://SS.MS>, value01, value02

dd = day
mm = month
yyyy = year

HH = hour
MM = minute
SS = second
Ms = milli second

ValueXY = numerical value

Is it possible to use cvsRead in such a way to define the separator beeing ',' and ':' at the same time?
Beside the solution provided by Serge, if you wish to stick to csvRead(), have you tried using its "substitute" option, with a [":" ","] value? I didn't, but would be interested by results. I am wondering whether the substitution is done before splitting the line with the separator (then "substitute" will work), or after. This detail would deserve being documented.

Read you soon
Samuel Gougeon

---
antivirus Avast.