Le 15/10/2016 19:16, Rafael Guerra a écrit :

Hi Samuel,

As the data is loaded by csvRead as strings in the example below (if loading as doubles then we get NaN’s), it will require further processing to convert it to numeric (using evstr, tokens or other).

For very large data files, this seems to be rather slow compared to the mfscanf or fscanfMatsolutions.

What do you think?

AFAIK, fscanfMat() is very stiff. It can parse files only for numbers, with no interstitial contents. I know no benchmark comparing csvRead() + evstr() vs mfscanf(). Despite evstr() is vectorized, you may be right. Explicit results would be interesting. mfscanf() requires the structure of a row been explicitly known. But then it looks certainly the most versatile and adaptable solution to read and split it.
csvRead() requires just to know the separator.

users mailing list