Hi Martin,

Thanks for your help.

For our implementation  we need to port the strongswan stack on QNX.
QNX does not have a kernel, but only a microkernel. This we need to
remove any interface with the kernel in the strongswan stack and
replace it with our own interface.

 Since Kernel net-interface is designed as a plugin, we were wondering
whether it is feasible to plug out this interface with minimal effort
and make the stronswan use our own plugin.

 In attempt to figure out the interface of the kernel-netlink plugin
with the stack, we found that it is using the "fire_roam_job" function
to update IKE SAs with respect to change in IP addresses. I am sure we
are missing something, but fireroam job does not seem to use the
updated adress list in the "private_kernel_netlink_net_t structure".
Hence, we are unable to get the interface of kernel-net-link with the
stack for IP address update.

1. Could you please throw some light on how is the updated IP list is
given to the stack

2. We saw that the XFRM_Expire  message is  received from the kernel.
Is it then the correct assumptions that strongswan does not maintain
the re-keying  timer for the child SAs?

3. Could you let us know the best approach for plugging out the kernel
interface and using our own?

Many thanks for your help in advance

Regards,
Vivek.