> Thanks for the suggestion, but I was already aware of this and I was
> wondering if there's an easier mechanism?   Such as mvn being smart with
> the jar name and coming up with the group/artifact ID, but I suspect
> that's beginning to ask too much!

This just isn't something Maven can help you with. Write a shell
script that receives the version and groupId, runs through all the
items named *.jar in the directoy, uses the file name as the
artifactId, and then outputs the <dependencies> list at the end after
using "mvn install" or "mvn deploy" on them. I know someone posted
something along these lines a while back on this list, but don't
remember specifics, so you can search the archives and try to find it.

If you do create something, please send it back to this list or put it
in the Maven Users Wiki so others can benefit in the future.

Wayne