Or just stick your cursor in front of the paragraph following the offending
page break and press delete.

But there wouldn't BE a hard page break present if page styles had been used
correctly to begin with. Writer's use of styles assures consistency throughout
the whole document. But learning to "use styles correctly" is no easy job. I've
had quite a few wrestling matches with it over that kind of thing myself. But
overall, it's worth the fight to make it work.

Anything's easy once you learn how. ('Till then, though, you can invent some
new profanity. :-)

Jim Plante