On 21/01/2013 6:09 AM, James Plante wrote:
Or just stick your cursor in front of the paragraph following the offending
page break and press delete.

But there wouldn't BE a hard page break present if page styles had been used correctly to
begin with. Writer's use of styles assures consistency throughout the whole document. But
learning to "use styles correctly" is no easy job. I've had quite a few
wrestling matches with it over that kind of thing myself. But overall, it's worth the
fight to make it work.
I agree that learning to "use styles correctly" it the way to go, but the real issue is that you receive documents from other sources / users who don't understand styles or use other editors. Hence learning to "use styles correctly" isn't always the solution.

Anything's easy once you learn how. ('Till then, though, you can invent some
new profanity. :-)

Jim Plante