On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 13:38:41 -0800
NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net> dijo:

>On 12/27/2010 09:31 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>>
>> Okular (formerly KPDF) does a great job of opening PS files, and can
>> save as PDF. You can also enter data in the fields of an editable
>> PDF. It has issues with printing, however, although usually I can
>> get what I want if I poke at it long enough - e.g., a landscape page
>> prints as portrait, among other tribulations.
>
>xournal
>
>Does a wonderful job of filling in PDF application forms. I just filled
>in a 6 page 'print only PDF'. End result is that it looks like I filled
>out the form using an IBM Selectric typewrite :-)

NoOp, you have helped me in the past, and now I must thank you yet
again. What a wonderful tool!

Moreover, I am one of the key promoters of a local Linux Clinic where
we help people install Linux or fix their Linux computers. We have a
semi-regular visitor who has a disability with hand control and needs
to use a keyboard. She complains that she gets PDF files from government
agencies that she has to fill out, but she can't do it in handwriting.
I just turned her onto xournal and she is thrilled. Now she can just
type in the blanks, export as a new PDF, and e-mail it back to the
agency.

Thanks again!