I have found the answer:
It is not possible to create durable subscriptions dynamically with
QPid/AMQ v1.0 due to:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/service-bus-messaging/service-bus-java-how-to-use-jms-api-amqp#unsupported-features-and-restrictions

Unsupported features and restrictions

The following restrictions exist when using JMS over AMQP 1.0 with Service
Bus, namely:

   - Only one MessageProducer or MessageConsumer is allowed per Session. If
   you need to create multiple MessageProducers or MessageConsumers in an
   application, create a dedicated Session for each of them.
   - Volatile topic subscriptions are not currently supported.
   - MessageSelectors are not currently supported.
   - Temporary destinations, i.e., TemporaryQueue, TemporaryTopic are not
   currently supported, along with the QueueRequestor and TopicRequestor APIs
   that use them.
   - Transacted sessions and distributed transactions are not supported.

If required then need to use Azure SB API
https://github.com/Azure/azure-service-bus-java

Regards
Joacim