I'd also like to see Activesync support besides Caldav/Carddav in Sogo as nearly every mobile device has native support for it and it's the de-facto Sync standard.

SyncML is sometimes nice but in our tests it was to unstable and had to many problems. It happens very often that all synced data appear not only once on the device but 2,3,4... times and after every following sync they appear one more time. This seems to happen if there was a sync error through a bad connection, which can happen very often, or something other.

Caldav/Carddav is the best choice I know. He had never problems with it. But as Caldav is not supported by the majority of devices, ActiveSync seems the 2nd best choice as it's working better in our tests than SyncML and natively supported by most devices.