On 3/15/2018 11:13 AM, sha...@shanew.net wrote:
You might take a look at
https://developers.google.com/url-shortener/v1/getting_started

1 millllion requests per day is the default limit.

Excellent! Thanks for the suggestion. This should help me MUCH!

But, unfortunately, it still leaves a lot to be desired for fixing the problems I described... when it comes to more distribution of automated "plugins" or having spam filters automatically doing this - in a "set it and forget it mode".

Still, there is a good argument that if someone has a high enough volume to trigger rate limiting... then they ought to have a large enough staff to handle going the extra mile and setting up API access systems, etc. But I wish it could be more simple. MANY are going to struggle with this... and NOT easily know all the details discussed on this thread!

But again, this should help me (and others) much... and it is good to know that there is a proper way to do this at a higher volume that meets Google's approval.

--
Rob McEwen
https://www.invaluement.com