> On May 30, 2018, at 10:25 AM, Bill Cole
> <sausers-20150...@billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:
>
> On 30 May 2018, at 10:00, Palvelin Postmaster wrote:
>
>>> On 30 May 2018, at 16:48, Antony Stone
>>> <antony.st...@spamassassin.open.source.it> wrote:

>>> No, Mozilla was just one example; there are many.
>>>
>>> I, for example, use KMail
>>
>> My Apple Mail/iPhone/iPad clients don’t. They all appear to be among Top 10
>> email clients (https://emailclientmarketshare.com).
>
> Which is unfortunate, because Apple Mail generally sucks. It seems to have
> been put under the control of people who think Outlook 2003 was the pinnacle
> of email clients. For MacOS, there are far better alternatives that include
> Mozilla and MailMate. For iOS not so much, sadly.

All email clients “generally suck”.  Thunderbird is not even actively developed
anymore last I checked, so that’s not really an option.  And if you can imagine
this, both Thunderbird and MailMate choke on large mailboxes *even more* than
Mail.app does.

If I had a better option than some old command-line mess, I’d use it.  Every
3-4 years I go on a hunt for a new Mac mail client and I always come up empty.
I’ve tried MailMate, Thunderbird, Postbox and just keep coming back to the
(neglected) Mail.app.  I’m all ears if there’s something out there that can
deal with 5 or 6 really large accounts well, AND does the right thing with
mailing lists, I’m all ears.  I’ve not tried Outlook for Mac yet, maybe that’s
the ticket? :)

Charles

ps - this email I’m replying to has a “Reply-To” header and Mail.app followed
it.