On 30 May 2018, at 14:47 (-0400), Charles Sprickman wrote:

All email clients “generally suck”. Thunderbird is not even actively developed anymore last I checked,

Check again. That's not been true for quite a while. I just dusted off TBird for the first time in 2 years and was treated to an update from v39 to v52, in 4 steps because apparently the autoupdate couldn't do it directly. 52.8.0 is 12 days old.

so that’s not really an option.

That really depends on what "actively developed" means. I'd have no problem at all using a MUA that was only maintained for security and bug fixes, if it had basic functionality nailed down.

And if you can imagine this, both Thunderbird and MailMate choke on large mailboxes *even more* than Mail.app does.

I haven't had MM "choke" on large mailboxes in recent years. I wish Benny would just declare a 2.0 release to make it clear that MM today is much more solid than it was in 2015.

--
Bill Cole
Currently Seeking Steadier Work: https://linkedin.com/in/billcole