On 12/05/2018 03:27 PM, John Hardin wrote:
Take a look at replace_rules in the repo (both standard and sandboxes).

Thank you for the reference.  replace_rules look very intriguing.

Link - Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::ReplaceTags - tags for SpamAssassin rules
- https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_ReplaceTags.html

I could see myself using this for a number of things. (If / when there was sufficient spam to warrant.)

The unicode replacements are fairly stable, it's looking for specific obfuscated words (like "bitcoin") that's whack-a-mole.

I'll have to research this.

The problem there is, that's really strongly based towards English text. Spanish and French, for example, would have ASCII, but it would also have a fairly high proportion of accented characters.

Fair concern. I'm going to say that I am (more than) a bit naive about that. I thought there was something that included a language in a header (possible one of the MIME headers) that could be used to refine the logic.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die