On Wed, 5 Dec 2018, Grant Taylor wrote:

On 12/05/2018 03:27 PM, John Hardin wrote:
Take a look at replace_rules in the repo (both standard and sandboxes).

Thank you for the reference.  replace_rules look very intriguing.

Link - Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::ReplaceTags - tags for SpamAssassin rules
- https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_ReplaceTags.html

I could see myself using this for a number of things. (If / when there was sufficient spam to warrant.)

The unicode replacements are fairly stable, it's looking for specific obfuscated words (like "bitcoin") that's whack-a-mole.

I'll have to research this.

The problem there is, that's really strongly biased towards English text. Spanish and French, for example, would have ASCII, but it would also have a fairly high proportion of accented characters.

Fair concern. I'm going to say that I am (more than) a bit naive about that. I thought there was something that included a language in a header (possible one of the MIME headers) that could be used to refine the logic.

Potentially, but it's hard to use something like that in regular rule REs. That sort of smarts would probably need to be in a plugin.

  The yardstick you should use when considering whether to support a
  given piece of legislation is "what if my worst enemy is chosen to
  administer this law?"
 2 days until The 77th anniversary of Pearl Harbor