On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 22:39 +0100, Yet Another Ninja wrote:

> your modules are all there already and much of it is already managed as
> you suggest: they're called rules..  you can even switch them on or off,
> or add your own "modules" /plugins/modules.
>
> SA provides an Open Source FRAMEWORK which caters to many millions of
> systems - if it doesn't fit your needs, use as you wish and/or fork out.
> Many do that with the ruleset - many don't

I'm aware of that, BUT:
- there is resource-specific stuff permanently wired in, e.g. the HABEAS
  rules
- there are other rules and modules littered round the net.

AFAIK there is no single reference point or code library where
stripped-out specifics (HABEAS) or independent code can be placed.

> SA devs are volunteers. What's stopping you from actively contributing
> to the development?

Time and the fact that I'm a C/Java person rather than a Perl maven.

I have a couple of projects on the boil at present, one being
mail-related. This has an associated SA plugin and rule that is up and
running on my server and will be released as part of the mail-related
project.

Martin