Charles Gregory wrote:
I ask again, on the issue of whitelists, is there a serious issue with spammers targetting white-listed IP's as favored candidates for hacking? I'm okay with the answer being 'no'. I'm sure people with large servers and good statistics could answer this question. But I get no answer at all. I don't think it is because of any conspiracy. But perhaps the people who know are just too busy?

To my knowledge, such a correlation has not yet been observed.  Which
is different from asserting that it hasn't happened, but I think for the
purposes of your question it does indicate that there is not currently
"a serious issue" as you put it.
I can mostly just offer opinion, and that would be that whitelisting is
not (yet) in wide enough use to have become a sufficiently attractive target.

   Bob