Bárbara,

Am Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:13:34 -0000
schrieb Bárbara Vieira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
[...]
> Why that’s happen? Why we have a Web Server over another Web Server,
> if the low-level Web Server is capable to do everything alone?

To give you an example: We do use a set of tomcat machines (four nodes,
currently) to carry our "enterprise" application, having an apache web
server in front of those to do load balancing / failover clustering.
Asides this, while tomcat and "friends" (servlet containers) are made
to serve up, well, J2EE web tier applications, web servers like
apache2, lighttpd, ... are usually better at serving "static" content
(images, static css files, html documents that don't contain any
logic, ...). And, to add another point: Maybe your choice of technology
is not limited to J(2)EE but also does include PHP, Python, Perl (be
that in applications of your own and/or in some content management
system to serve your company web site), this is what you usually want
to have a "non-J2EE" web server for. :)

Cheers,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: [EMAIL PROTECTED] * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771