From: Diego [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: terça-feira, 8 de Janeiro de 2008 12:06
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Why use a Web Server over Tomcat?

Review the list archives for the disproof of this myth.  Tomcat 5.0 and
above are quite capable of serving static content, efficiently enough that
you'll saturate your network connection long before you saturate disk,
memory or CPU.

So unless you have one of the situations like those described by Kristian.
Like having other technologies like PHP you don't have to make load balance
with Apache 2.

Its way better to make a load balance with several Tomcats since you can
make a load balance of your dynamic content too.

On Jan 8, 2008 9:56 AM, Peter Crowther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > From: Kristian Rink [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Asides this, while tomcat and "friends" (servlet containers) are made
> > to serve up, well, J2EE web tier applications, web servers like
> > apache2, lighttpd, ... are usually better at serving "static" content
> > (images, static css files, html documents that don't contain any
> > logic, ...).
>
> Review the list archives for the disproof of this myth.  Tomcat 5.0 and
> above are quite capable of serving static content, efficiently enough that
> you'll saturate your network connection long before you saturate disk,
> memory or CPU.
>
>                - Peter

Diego