> From: jamez smith [mailto:jamez...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: tomcat 4.1.31 problem
>
> This application has to run on JDK 1.4.

Why are you tying both hands behind your back and wearing a blindfold while
crossing a room full of booby-traps?  1.4 has been a dead end for quite some
time.

> My colleague told me we have to use Tomcat 4, as Tomcat 5
> requires JDK 1.5. Is that true?

No, but you must install the JDK 1.4 Compatibility Package to run Tomcat 5.5
under a 1.4 JVM.  It's on the same download page as the Tomcat download.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.