jamez smith wrote:
>> Good day Chunk,

>> surprised at how few problems there are.
>>
>> I could try to compile under 1.5.  But I dare not to use it in production
>> box, as this project is well controlled by the company.  Every step I do
>> need to be documented. I have no right to change the fundamental framework
>> or JDK at all. :-(

Here are a few arguments for upgrading the JVM and Tomcat
- the JVM is no longer supported by Sun
- the major Tomcat version (4.1.x) is no longer supported by the ASF
- the minor Tomcat version (4.1.31) has 9 important, 2 moderate and 16
known, published security vulnerabilities.

If an application is so critical it has to be that tightly controlled, I
have to wonder why that many security vulnerabilities are not a concern.
 Can it really be the case that none of them apply in your environment?

Mark