Jamez,

On 9/3/2009 11:15 PM, jamez smith wrote:
> This is the exception when removing the <context> element from the
> server.xml:
>
> [ERROR] [Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL
> 'null']org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver
> of class '' for connect URL 'null', cause:
> java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
>     at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:243)
>     at
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:743)
>     at
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:518)

Okay, now we're back to a simpler problem. I don't believe Tomcat 4.1.x
uses META-INF/context.xml files, which is a shame, because you can't
define context-specific <Resource> elements anywhere. It looks like
you're going to have to have your <Context> in server.xml no matter what.

So, either keep your webapp in C:\procurement (which you said works,
right?) or turn off autoDeply in your <Host>.

> This is the error which is same as the JDBC driver error:

The error you posted is really the consequence of another error, not an
actual error in itself. Can you post the real error (probably in
localhost.log or [yourwebappname].log)?

>> I changed  <Context docBase="c:\\procurement".... The error is still the
> same.

I'm sorry... which error? There's a lot going on here.

> I am desperate now. Will try Tomcat 5 with JDK1.4 .

Note that your existing server.xml will me worthless if you upgrade.
Start with a fresh server.xml from the distro and merge-in any elements
that you actually need. Don't try to modify your old server.xml to work
in Tomcat 5.

Oh, and move your <Context> into META-INF/context.xml and simplify your
live greatly.