If you are using <packaging>war</packaging>, then the maven-war-plugin will
automatically pick up the resources in src/main/webapp, which means you do
not have to configure that directory as a resource. Additionally, the
maven-resources-plugin automatically picks up resources in
src/main/resources, so you don't have to explicitly configure that either.
Try removing that configuration and see what happens.

-Richard