On 05/05/2009, at 1:28 AM, Alan Garfield wrote:

 The hack I have with maven
at the moment properly constructs the war by copying all the .html files
into the classes folder for Wicket to find...

What 'hack' do you need for Maven to include the HTML in the classes directory? Presumably, since most other Wicket developers have their HTML alongside their classes, they need this hack as well right? It's just standard maven building:

Add this to your POM to add everything except the Java source, as is. It's even in the Maven quickstart:

<build>
                <resources>
                        <resource>
                                <filtering>false</filtering>
                                <directory>${basedir}/src/java</directory>
                                <includes>
                                        <include>**</include>
                                </includes>
                                <excludes>
                                        <exclude>**/*.java</exclude>
                                </excludes>
                        </resource>
                </resources>
        </build>

Nonetheless, the first result from a search for wicket html location (Safari even autofilled the last word for me) I found this:
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/control-where-html-files-are-loaded-from.html

Steve